Focus: Positive Learning Environment
- Teacher provides specific and observable directions for behavior and academics, such that students mostly understand what they should be doing.
- Teacher addresses most negative and off-task student behavior with authority and respect.
- Teacher uses clear routines and procedures to maximize instructional time.
September Guiding Questions
- What are some examples of the ways you make connections with your students?
- What is your process for developing classroom rules and procedures?
- How do you address inappropriate behavior?
- How do you encourage students to celebrate other students' success?