Depth of Knowledge (DOK)
You can find this chart and other resources in my DOK Dropbox folder (link below):
The Benefits of Proximity Control
Not only is using proximity control free and easy, but it helps sustain some important components in your classroom.
- It preserves student’s dignity and confidence. When you stop class to “call out” a student in front of their peers, this is a stressful and embarrassing experience to undergo as a student.
- It redirects students in a respectful and effective way. This method reinforces fairness and respect for students, adjusting their behavior with a positive sense of presence rather than a negative use of words.
- It maintains your flow of work or instruction. Instead of hitting the pause button and momentarily distracting the class with a reprimand, proximity control redirects individual students without disrupting the current focus of the class.
- It helps you know what’s going on. Not only does being close to students redirect them, but you can acquire a firsthand over-the-shoulder view of what students are engaged with throughout your room.
- It reinforces the standards of your classroom. Similar to when drivers start braking their cars when a cop passes by, all students within the sphere of your proximity commit a quick self-assessment to determine how their current behavior aligns with the stated expectations.
Read the full article here: http://www.teachhub.com/classroom-management-tips-using-proximity-control
View videos on Edivate:
Ditch the Desk & Flexible Learning Spaces
Remove the teacher’s desk and students feel more comfortable and less intimidated, teachers feel more active and engaged, and classroom learning happens in a shared space. Read more here:
Photos of flexible space ideas:
Popplet is a simple tool to capture and organize your ideas. Jot down your ideas and then sort them!
Corkulous is a virtual corkboard.
illustrate story structure
cause and effect
beginning, middle, end
main idea and details
compare and contrast
theme and supporting details
visuals for content specific vocabulary
Download free Stop Motion Lesson ideas in this free iBook: http://apple.co/BookTrailer
Stop Motion Studio is a free app that makes stop motion creation so easy!